Welcome to High Quality Store Road Bike Collection
The ideal racing bikes for ambitious athletes and amateur athletes
With a road bike, you can not only take occasional tours through idyllic landscapes, but also compete in challenging competitions, triathlons and races. The selection of highly exclusive wheels ranges from extremely lightweight competition bikes made of finely processed carbon to functional triathlon and cyclo-cross bikes, which ensure greater comfort when driving. Thus, there is enough variety for every purpose, so that newcomers as well as professionals are satisfied.
Which different frames and materials exist for racing bikes?
A racing bike usually consists of a classic diamond frame, whose name he owes to his diamond shape. It consists of the top tube, down tube, the seat stay and chain stay together. These requirements are also binding for competitive sports according to UCI regulations. Differences, however, are found in the choice of materials, which is determined by the application of the wheel, what would be considered before buying. If you want to buy a road bike, frames made of steel, aluminum, carbon and titanium are the common variants.
The steel frame is particularly stable due to its high strength and thus suitable for off-road rides and mountain passages. In addition, it is relatively inexpensive, which is why recreational athletes resort to this type of material. The relatively high weight and the sub-optimal processing due to the inflexibility of the material make steel frames rather unsuitable for professional competitions. In addition, there is a risk of corrosion as it is an alloy of iron and carbon. Thus, steel frames are the first choice, especially for beginners.
Aluminum frames have become widely established in the market. On the one hand, this is due to the low raw material price and, on the other hand, the light weight, so that even amateur racers can achieve better racing times. The big disadvantage, however, is the high risk of damage that occurs not only during the race, but also during transport. Therefore, these dangers are to be treated with particular care.
Carbon is an innovative, carbon-reinforced plastic that has both low weight and high stability. This makes the carbon frame ideal for professional riders at competitive level. However, carbon is relatively expensive and extremely fragile. Wild off-road rides should therefore be avoided.
Also attributable to the upper classes are titanium frames. They are extremely light and at the same time resistant, but not suitable for continuous loads. Thus, their use mainly takes place in sprint and time trials.
According to which criteria should you buy a racing bike?
What makes a racing bike? A good bike can be identified by four characteristics. It has a light frame, several gears and narrow tires, and no suspension is included.
- Which road bike types are there? There is a large selection of racing bikes that are suitable for different driving styles, routes and destinations. Common types include: Aero Road Bikes, Endurance Bikes, Classic Road Bikes, Touring Bikes and Fitness Bikes.
- Can racing bikes corrode? Depending on the material of the frame racing bicycles are susceptible to corrosion. Above all, steel frames are affected. Carbon, aluminum and titanium, on the other hand, can not corrode.
- What role does the frame size play in the choice of the wheel? The frame size is a crucial factor in the choice of the road bike. It can not be changed later and determines the ride comfort. However, this is especially important for longer bike tours, which is why the frame size should be tailored to the individual body size. For this purpose, extensive test drives should be carried out.
- What is included in a road bike group? A racing edge group is composed of brakes and a drive system. The drive system in turn consists of a shift lever and rear derailleur, a cassette, crankset and chain, as well as chainrings.
- What is the drive system for? The drive drives the wheel and thus determines the power transmission to the wheel. The more effectively this is designed, the better race times can be achieved.